Tidy As You Go....

Chipping away at a few IVA jobs and have even ended up doing some things that I hadnt planned to...


Although I finished functional wiring of the front lights a while back I now set about tidying the wiring route in the wheelarch.

Ordered varying sizes of split conduit from carbuilder.com...


Left side tidied, secured and out of reach of the tyre on full L or R lock...


and the right side. You can see in both these pics I have made up a couple of brackets to secure the grill. These will be perfected when I get my new shell. Also worth noting my spots aren't wired and will be removed for IVA.


I'm not completely panelling the car yet but I have decided to make and fit dirt and stone guards at the rear of the front arches to seal the cockpit from grime. Below a bit of CAD cardboard aided design...


On the fronts I am using using ABS foamex type plastic sheet (stuff they used on early MEV Exocet side panels) I know from experience how tedious the sound of gravel hitting aluminium can be and this will dull noise to a minimum at slower speeds.


Its easy to trim, just deep score with a stanley and then snap!
Will do the front of the rears soon, they will be ali as they will form part of the rear bulkhead and be visible in the car



I havent gone to town on the trimming yet. Two reasons, side of body arent secured yet and the new body will be different. The seal is yet another MX5 boot seal (keep all the seals from your donor)

Well tidy as you go is the post title, the car maybe getting tidier but the workshop is not!


A sure sign in any build I do that I am only focussed on the finish line! Roll on Summer



 

Popular Posts