Safety First

 So picking up from what I was saying in my last post I have added a few pieces which will not only help with IVA, they also make me feel more confident.


Whilst I am very happy with my wiring ability and choice of crimps I wanted to line my column shroud to insulate it against any issues with live wiring. I bought a small sheet of rubber and glued it to the inside.




Then whilst tidying up my loom I checked all the pedal fixings so they were all tightened. On the brake pedal I noticed a slight flex from the bulkhead when the pedal is depressed, it really was barely noticeable but they can fail for this. So I made a brace from threaded bar. If Id factored this in earlier in the build I couldve made a better solution but this works and will also give a more direct pedal feel.



Then it was round to the rear and I removed the petrol tank to add some more clips and to change a brake pipe run. I said in my last post why I wasnt happy with the offside rear pipe that runs from the chassis to the pipe splitter junction. I measured up and got HEL to make me a custom braided flexi.


I am much happier with this now.


Then with the tank out I added 1 more fuel pipe clip and used a stand off spacer so as not to put the pipe under tension.



Above I also rerouted the fuel pump wiring to the passenger side and added 2 more clips to secure it.

Body back on next and will then get it to an emissions/brake and headlight alignment test at a local garage. If you're not aware you are allowed to drive an unregistered car (insured on VIN) to a prebooked VOSA test, emissions included! May as well get them to test it to full MOT checks whilst its there.

A very small list of things to do now.







Popular Posts