Front Body Mounts & Scuttle

The area between the back of the dash and the engine bay needs closing off as seen completed below.


Out with the CAD templating again and I made two almost identical aluminium panels.


This job was made super easy becuase quite a while ago I had fitted aluminium angle to the scuttle which meant I could easily fit the two panels with the body in place.

Not seen in the pics is that I left a small gap to allow for body movement without stressing the grp, the edge was then trimmed with? .....  YEP! you guessed it donor boot seal again.


I thought I'd share this little hack with you...
The 4 front body mounting points need some kind of cushioning between the metal and grp..


These pics show the rubbers I have used. They are from standard MX5 shocks.


They are very tough and sturdy but provide an excellent solution. If you dont have any then you can get them from at Autolink MX5 for £1 each.... Much cheaper than cbs bobbins etc etc.

 

Popular Posts