Speedo and Trans Tunnel

 Well yet again, quite a break from the car. Lots of home DIY and sorting cambelt, water pump and oil change on the Eunos along with a nice suspension refresh on it with MeisterR coilovers. So back to the Replicar. 


So all my gauges are VDO and I found an ETB speedo that is able to read the Mazda speed sensor, the VDO one can't due to the Mazda sinewave. The ETB one also matches the other gauges really well and so it was a no brainer! 



I did the the pulses per mile calculation as follows:
Wheel revolutions per mile X 3.909 (diff ratio) and this gave me a PPM of 3200, however I believe its not quite right and the current setting I have put in is 4000, as always I will test with a GPS before IVA.

So with the speed sensor and reverse light switch wiring sorted I could then 'final fix' the trans tunnel.

After the faff of removal on my Exocet I decided to come up with a solution that has minimal fixings but is secure, waterproof and won't rattle.....


The edging strip is the MX5 boot seal (which waterproofs the MX5 boot lid). I knocked it on securely with a rubber mallet and it's a great fit...


Then placed the fixings that will be out of sight when the body is on and the seats are fitted but I will still be able to get to them without removing the seats.



A couple of days work and very pleased with the results! 


Popular Posts