Engine Bay Mods

I haven't posted it in here but I have now fitted and electric winch in my workshop so that I can remove and refit the body on my own. Bit late in the build I know but there you go! 

There are a few jobs that are easier in the engine bay and around the pedals etc so off the body came. Main reason was to fit a Japspeed alloy radiator but whilst I have easy access I did a couple of  other bits.

THe EGR valve is not really needed and it's a common mod in the MX5 world to remove it after fitting aftermarket exhaust manifolds. 

I got these blanks from DaveFab, they were so cheap it's just not worth your time fabbing some.


Below pic the valve has been removed.... 


Added a smear of sealant and locked the fixing nuts with threadlock


10 minute job!


Whilst going through my parts in my other lockup I came across additional induction tubing and silicone joiners. So I decided to relocate the K&N Typhoon away from the exhaust manifold.



Below you can see a shield on the cone. I know this wont give any credible bhp gain but it does tidy up the bay.



So the new rad is in and a few things tidied up. Some of you may have noticed that I have a different rocker cover fitted. Reason being is I removed the black one to fit a new gasket, whilst at it I thought I would clean up the black one and give it a fresh coat as it had become scratched and quite dirty. Well the paint reacted badly and so with a spare one on the shelf that has gone on temporarily. I can spend some time later with the painted one as a side project. Just as in my last post (reference the caliper change) I want to focus on my list of jobs for IVA and come back to a couple of things later.



 

Popular Posts