More Progress on Bodywork

So I'd made a rough prototype for the spotlamp brackets and wanted to make a tidy identical pair. The original was done by hand and in a vice to get the right shape.

I used 3mm ali plates I had and using a sheet metal folder I mimicked the originals angles


Above you see the original to the left...


Two of the bends I could get done in the folder but due to the position of the last one I had to use the vice...


Ta daaa! All sorted and prepped and painted in hammered finish black.


Back to the side vents, 1 side is finished and the other just needs final sand and paint.

So to the theme/look for the car. As I mentioned I had been looking at a lot of late 50's and early 60's American racers like the Scarab and Devins. I particulary like the fact that they all had early style mag alloys. Which of course means lighter wheels. So after speaking with a US member of the Replicar group I put an order in for some rather special wheels.

So to race car stickers, number fonts etc etc......



Im liking it a lot, very different to other builds but also super easy to change to a different look and theme!
This part for me is one of the things I find the most fun with in a kit build.

Bit more to do on the body and have ordered some clear polycarb to cover the spotlamp recesses. Still two more arches to trim and then I can move the chassis and drivetrain back in the garage over the pit.
The garage however will need a bloody good clean 1st though! 

See ya later!








Popular Posts