Front Vent/Light Recesses

 Ive nearly finished the side vent delete and its gone well. In reverse mode I then started to open up the front vent recessses to fit spot lamps. I think it will look cool and better than just some vent mesh,


Using the standard method of chain drilling



And then opened up further and tidied up with a flapwheel 



Then I refitted the ali trims to check the edges and then as a test just plonked the light in place


The lights are great as they have a mounting bracket, however as you can see from the alignment above, they need a mount plinth/bracket to allow for correct positioning, something close to the one below!

I got some thick ali plate and working inside the car I gradually worked out the angle for the bracket and also the curves inside the shell.


This is roughly how it sits inside the car.








A tiny bit more fettling and the bracket for this side is done.
       


Another job that Im really very pleased with. 
When they are both done, then I just have two more wheelarches to trim, 

(below shows how much I needed to trim out of the front right)



Then it will be on to a bit of work on 1 door and then the body can go into the car port and the rolling car can come back in for a few jobs.

I have to say I cant wait to have a clean up! The garage looks like a Columbian Chemists right now!!

Thanks for reading!




Popular Posts