Scuttle / Windscreen Trimming Rectification

So unfortunately I had to take the body off again for the reason mentioned at the end of my last post.
The 3 pics below show the rough internal trimming and the thickness of the ledge that it came with from the factory.





Dug out some tools old and 1 new in order to rectify this. I got measurements from a mates shell that was finished properly/correctly.



So its now all trimmed neatly and tidy. 1st kit out of the many I have built where Ive had to do any kind of trimming on the GRP. 


As you can see above I had to take about half of it off. I still think its strange fitting the screen to the inner edge which will allow water to channel behind the dash or into the doors. (even with sealant its still a risk)

I'm not going for a DBR copy so I may still fit it externally like a lot of other race cars of this period did. I took a close look at some Maseratis and certain Ferraris etc. 

The body has now been refitted, rear body mounts have now been tiger sealed to the shell, brakes all bled. Now I'm prepping the car for its move this week to its new home on a trailer. 



 

Popular Posts