Out of hibernation

 Well its been a little while due to the bloomin' freezing weather we have been having! So today I headed out to the garage with an initial plan on what I was going to do.... none of that happened for various reasons. So I started by emptying the car, hoovering the cars interior and tidying the garage. In doing that it made me think about other easy things to crack on with .....


I got the vent rings from ANC but they were just slightly too large and too thick to get a really really good fit. I gave my dimensions to a company to laser cut them for me to get a nice smooth edge instead of the rough water cut edge on the ANC ones.

165mm OD 120mm ID and 1.5 thick ali. If I had another set made ever I would go 1mm thick and 160 OD, far easier to fit.




I really like them now with the black mesh, I had been planning on lights in here but somehow these just seem to suit the clour scheme.



Quick and easy job was fitting CBS side repeaters, used one of my step hole cutters and then once it was close I used the Dremmel.

I picked the location based on an area with grp imperfection, on collection from the factory there was a big chip out of the gelcoat which they just daubed some grey on stuck selotape over!   

Then I went to the back of the car.....



I measured and fitted a number plate temporarily to get the measurements to locate the number plate
 light... (Note lights are loosely placed and not lined up straight yet)


Seats.... well if youve followed my build you will know I bought some fancy pants Intatrim seats. They've been re-purposed for my other project car Mk1 MX5 which is getting a 70's retro interior makeover (pics below, will be finished off next week)








These seats in the pics are from Bad Boy Classics at a bargain price. Im very pleased, they are superlight and for the price you can afford to change them in a few years if you like!


Note they won't be big enough to pass IVA. I will be fabricating some brackets to use the MX5 seats that will have the same hole pattern as the BB Classics. Then voila! Only one set of mount holes needed in the chassis 

Now some gratuitous sexy car pics!!





Happy building everyone, summers not far away 














Popular Posts