More Dash stuff, bonnet fixings, Tacho and other bits

 As you'll know Im using the Canems ECU and VDO gauges. I had read and re read the calibration instructions for the tacho. Wasted time it seems! 





I had the laptop plugged into the ECU and the revs were spot on immediately... lovely!!!!


The MX5 brake fluid level sensor works differently to most so I bough the same CBS float I have used before.


You need the gut bottom of the tank


then fiitted with silicone and rubber gaskets


Not an IVA job but a 5 minute one to make the headrest for the rear 'hump'



Then onto front fixings for the body, secured with M8 bolts and large penny washers.


Ive changed the white nylon ones for rubbers now.


Then onto the rear body pins. I am using the pushbutton's I have used before.


Lots of people have had trouble with these but I dont buy the cheap chinese ebay ones and always lock the back of the threads. Prices for these range for £6.99 a pair right up to £30 each from Pit King......... Nuff said.




So all in all some major jobs ticked off and the dash is all but fully wired. Just speedo and light switches. All those can be done with dash in place and me sat in the car. That's a big help as Im hoping to put the body back on for the final time very soon.

Popular Posts