Loomin' freezing!!

 Well I decided today was a 'no go' for the garage today -2 and after nearly two whole days in it I wanted a break. So what does a kit car builder do in these circumstances? Why of course do some wiring at the dining table !



The lights below are as supplied with the kit and theyre great quality. They are from many old classics and so pose a small challenge. On many old (metal) cars the lights ground to the body. Obviously the Repicar is GRP.

Below you can see the + connection at the end of the unit and an earthing clip/strap.


I used these as the mounting points with crimped bullet connectors and then heat shrink. This then poses a problem when refitting into the rubber boot. I didnt want to cut the back of the boot off leaving the unit exposed to grime and water. After a bit of thinking I sliced the boot and will then tape up. I have tested them all on the bench and they're all working.


Next I made the loom for the passengers side to extend over to my rear chassis loom to get everything connected up


All marked up for the future for when I take it apart for paint.


My new tyres arrived today for my steelies. 16" Rainsport 5's, great tyres, I have used them a lot and they are currently on my mk1 mx5 and will go on my Beemer when it needs new boots.


Some will say that the profile isnt high enough for a full period look. I spent a lot of time on this selection and with 16's theyre high enough for me and my style of driving and performance.


With 16's they will fill the arches nicely 195 / 55 / 16


Popular Posts