Door Hinges? Completed it mate!

 So as mentioned in the last post I sussed the positioning for the hinges. I have now completed both doors.


After positioning the top one correctly I used a makeshift plumb line to drop through the top pivot pin to ensure the lower hinges fulcrum point was the same.... Ignore the panel gaps in some of the pics. Hard to hold the door and take pics :-)




Then with it positoned I taped it to the car and offered up the hinge with the gasket and once happy stuck gasket to the body too


Making the holes bigger than the stud mounts gives you wiggle room when doing the final door alignment


Then the moment of truth and it opens and shuts beautifully with no binding


For the other side I just took some measurements from the drivers side to make sure they were uniform





Im pleased with the look of the brushed ali as opposed to chrome, lighter and more racy in my point of view than chrome.

A quick point on my last post reference the rear body mounts, I have now taken them off temporarily, as I want to be 100% on body alignment before finally pinning it all down. Also worth noting that in these temperatures it takes an age for large daubs of Tiger Seal to go off, even with the heater on in the garage.


Popular Posts