Dash done

 This has been by far the most involved job, Ive been through ali vinyl wrap, wrinkle finish paint, smooth gloss paint and now happy with a mottled satin finish. 


Below with all the VHT wrinkle finish removed. The dash is just too big an area to get a consistent wrinkle, it looked ok but not great. 


Filler primed before a fine sand


The alloy plate was fitted becuase I am using classic Lucas switches and the dash is way to thick to mount them on. Ignore the 10 bar OP gauge its actually a 5 bar one thats gone on.


I wasnt happy with the switch panel painted and bonded so I took it off....


and made a new alloy one that bolts on, much nicer I reckon....


Then some cool old dymo type labels..


There is only a small part of the top of the dash visible once the body is on but I think this leatherette top is a nice detail...



















Finally I seated all the warning lights. I didnt want loads of obviously visible required modern lights. So on purpose I only have two clearly visible the others are black flush mount and it is only clear what they are when they illuminate. Quite a cool touch I think





Overall Im very pleased and I can call this job....

Done! 


(then more wiring of the back of it obviously!) 






Popular Posts