Lower rear bulkhead panels and handbrake fittings

So I got to the stage where I was happy to fit the lower rear panels.


I keyed the powdercoat and panels and ran a bead of Silkaflex and then rivetted them into position with my air riveter (best tool ever for this build)


You need to put two holes in the centre panel for the handbrake cables.


I used a step drill to 28mm diameter then passed the cables through and secured them to the mount panel with standard MX5 brake pipe retainers. I now just need to get some slightly different grommets


Lastly I have fitted a stainless sliding door roller to stop the lever cable rattling around or scratching the chassis powdercoating.


More soon although things have slowed slightly due to me not wanting to IVA until March due to the winter weather that is well and truly on its way. I have my mk1 to go for a spin if / when we get those sunny winter days. :-)




 

Popular Posts