Rad, scuttle, footwell

I bought a brand new radiator and fitted the fan from my pile of spares (tested it first).
Its quite a simple process if you keep the upper and lower brackets from your donor.



The expansion tank is generic ebay one and having used this type before I remembered you need to drill a small hole in the lid. If you dont your rad will spew its guts as the pressure builds inside.
The bracket I used to fit is an alloy bicycle drinks bottle holder. 


Its important to remember this is not a header tank and so can be positioned anywhere, it also does not need a sighting tube as you shouldnt check your coolant here but in the rad cap.


The picture below shows top and bottom mounting brackets in place.


After all that I fabbed up two scuttle panels from a sheet of ali and started to run some of the loom. I want to try and conceal as much of the loom as I can under the scuttle and also in the engine bay. The Autosparks kit car loom is great and I am breaking it down into stages. I said earlier in the blog its the SVC loom but they sent the wrong diags which put me back 2 weeks! SVC told me Autosparks are  the manufacture and they sent me the wiring colours and now all is good. I love the guys at SVC, Europa Spares and CBS but they arent car sparkys. Good to have the contact with Autosparks now, superb quality.


I then fiited the passenger footwell, another well made panel by ANC, I did have to trim it a little bit on the left hand side in the middle, around the large chassis tube but it was easy with a jigsaw and a file


Its bonded in place with grey silkaflex and then neatly rivitted at the edges. 




New lightweight battery arrived to and so I am getting very close to 1st start attemp, hopefully will be this week. Note this isnt the position the battery will be going.


Lastly I mentioned earlier about how I did the grill and the pic below shows the prototype one that I then used to help shape the other one in a neater fashion, they are only £20 brand new and I think its worth it.







 

Popular Posts