Fuseboxes, Relays and ECU mounting.

 So I'm sure I mentioned that I am breaking down the wiring into small sections over a number of days. I find it gives you time to think, focus and come up with new ideas. With everything loosely temp cable tied to the scuttle tray frame I set about tidying it up. 

I want the fuse and relays so that they are out of sight but relatively easy to get at should the need arise. This is what I have come up with.

I have a batch of 4.5mm ali plates that were laser cut for another project but never used. They make sturdy lightweight brackets and after a few test fits........


.... this is how it ends up and Im pretty pleased.


I filed the edges but will get some of the smallest edge trim from CBS and run it down the inside edges of the plates holding the fuses. The wires have clearance OK but when the car is OTR or track and things vibrate I just want to be sure that all is good.


The ECU and its small fuse and relay block are mounted on the passenger side


So on the bulkhead I used some nice domed allen bolts



These last two pics with the dash on illustrates my original plan, 1st pic is standing up behind the car, 2nd one is me peeking over the fuel tank.



Overall very pleased, I do love a tidy wiring install.




Popular Posts