Some more prep and new bits

With the skate refurbed and time to wait for the kit the one I hadn't done was give the gearbox a thorough degrease and a spruce up. 

I used the 3 in 1 foam degreaser and I have to say it's a lot better than some of the other aerosol ones I normally use.


The rear was done in silver Hammerite


The remainder done with heat proof PJ1 Fast Black Satin.



Next my brakes. All my calipers had done maybe 200 miles on the car and so no rebuild needed. Just a clean up and then painiting with caliper paint. The red is not a period feature on old cars, indeed they didnt have calipers on many of them. However they will be covered by my steels and visible when I put Euphonic alloys on.





New Exedy clutch kit with new release bearing to fit soon.

My Mini door hinges arrived and I really like the machining on them, not chrome but brushed alloy. My plan was to paint them but Im not sure now.





Popular Posts