So it begins......

Hi,
welcome to my build  blog of the ANC Replicar. I'm sure if you are reading this then you are aware that it is loosely (very) based on the AMDBR1 race car of the 1950's as driven by Sir Stirling Moss, Carol Shelby and the flying Scotsman, Jimmy Clark. The donor car is the superb handling MX5 mk2 in my case a limited edition one with Torsen LSD, 6 speed and the BP04 engine. I have had many MX5's over the years and have built other kit cars and so am very familiar with the Mazda mechanicals.In fact I had almost enough spares to build an entire PPF skate without touching the donor. 

My build will not be trying to create an Aston Martin copy  (as it simply isn't close enough to the shape) it will be more of a tribute to all 50's and 60's racing sports cars but I also want to build it so that with a few simple parts swaps (wheels, steering wheel etc) it can also be a modern version, just like the modern Mini, Beetle, Mustang etc etc etc. 

As a long time fan of Colin Chapman, Jim Clarke and Lotus I'm sure there will be a couple Lotus type features on the car, Not looking to replicate any particular car, just to make a beautiful racer. Most of all a bit of fun!!

I hope you enjoy the build.

Thanks






Popular Posts